We are always in need of Books, Music (CDs and LPs), DVDs, Audio books (cassette or CD), puzzles, and sheet music. We accept donations during regular business hours, and ask that you limit to 6 regular sized (15x12x10 or so) boxes, as our sorting area is small. If you would like a tax receipt, please ask!
We appreciate your generous donations to the Friends and our worthy cause. However, we do have a few requests.
- Please do not leave books on the front sidewalk outside or near the back door if The Book Outlet is not open. Weather conditions may quickly cause them to become damaged and unusable. Donations can be dropped off at any branch of the Aurora Public Library during their regular business hours and they will be delivered to us.
- All materials must be in good condition, if you wouldn’t consider buying it, please don’t donate it.
- We cannot accept materials that have the following damage:
- Water damage (especially items with evidence of mold)
- Food or pet stains
- Excessive dirt and/or dust – if you can clean it please do so before donating.
- Missing pages
- Heavily underlined or highlighted books
- Damaged covers with holes, bite marks or cuts
- Torn pop-ups
- Coloring or puzzle books that have been partially completed
- Broken bindings
- Please find another alternative for the following materials – we cannot accept them:
- Encyclopedia sets
- Computer books older than 2015
- Textbooks older than 2010
- Health, Fitness, Diet or Nutrition books older than 2010
- Dictionaries and Thesaurus older than 2010
- Travel books older than 2005
- VHS tapes
- We cannot arrange for pick-ups of donated materials at your location.
- We reserve the right to refuse any donation that does not meet our high standards or to discard donated materials.